https://i0.wp.com/speakercommunity.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/jon-tyson-QL0FAxaq2z0-unsplash-scaled.jpg?fit=2560%2C1920&ssl=1 1920 2560 Ed Rigsbee https://speakercommunity.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/assc-blue-final-2.png Ed Rigsbee2022-12-30 18:04:292022-12-30 18:04:295 Key Focus Areas for Professional Speakers in 2023
5 Key Focus Areas for Professional Speakers in 2023
As a professional speaker, it’s important to stay up-to-date on the latest trends and strategies to keep your presentations fresh, engaging, and effective. Here are five things that professional speakers should focus on in 2023:
- Virtual and hybrid events. The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way events are held, with many organizations opting for virtual or hybrid (in-person and virtual) events. As a professional speaker, it’s important to be comfortable and skilled at delivering presentations online, whether through a video conference platform or pre-recorded format.
- Engaging with the audience. In-person events may be making a comeback in 2023, but the way audiences engage with speakers will continue to evolve. Consider incorporating interactive elements into your presentations, such as polls, Q&A sessions, and breakout groups, to keep your audience engaged and involved.
- Diversifying your income streams. The events industry has been hit hard by the pandemic, and many professional speakers have had to pivot to other sources of income. In 2023, it will be important for speakers to diversify their income streams and explore new opportunities, such as coaching, consulting, or creating digital products.
- Personal branding. With so much competition in the speaking industry, it’s important to stand out and be memorable. Focus on building a strong personal brand that clearly communicates your value proposition and showcases your expertise.
- Staying current. In a rapidly changing world, it’s essential for professional speakers to stay current on the latest trends, issues, and technologies. This means continuously learning and staying up-to-date on your subject matter, as well as being open to experimenting with new formats and technologies.
By focusing on these five areas, professional speakers can stay relevant, engaging, and in-demand in 2023 and beyond.